Neil Young cancels Bluesfest headlining slot
Earlier this week, Frontier Touring announced that a series of proposed – but not yet announced – Neil Young headline shows were no longer going ahead in Australia early next year.
It has now been confirmed that the legendary artist has pulled out of his one announced Australian date, his Good Friday headline slot at Bluesfest in Northern New South Wales.
In a statement today, Festival Director Peter Noble says he knew the possibility of a cancellation was high, but had hoped Young would fulfil his commitment to the festival.
"Although I have been aware of this as a possibility for a couple of weeks now, I have been appealing to Neil's management for him to play the confirmed concert,” he said. “Unfortunately, this is now not going to happen. Whilst details for the cancellation remain sketchy, from what I can gather Neil has decided to take 2017 off from touring.
“I have no reason to believe this is due to any illness, I have been advised he is tired from recent touring, and I surmise wants to have some down time.”
Bluesfest will book a replacement act, but Noble doesn’t play down the significance of this cancellation.
“I understand that no one can replace Neil Young, and that there will be disappointment as a result of his cancelling,” he said.
“Refunds are now available for Single Day Ticket buyers for the day of Neil's performance. They will be available until a week after the new artist announcement.”
We will be sure to keep you up to date with the new acts announced as soon as they happen.